Note: This is a drop-shipped item. Read More...
This Multi-Purpose cloth is 100% blackout fabric. For those of you unfamiliar with this type of fabric, it is essentially layered fabric which light will not penetrate. Put any wattage light behind this fabric and you will not see any light come through it. This characteristic is achieved by layering white, or colored, fabric over solid black fabric, creating a solid piece of fabric that light cannot pass through.
Still, why in the name of Dharma did we decide to bring this in? Well, when we saw it at a show, we thought it was really cool all the different things you can do with it. Roc-Lon Multi-Purpose cloth can be used in many, many ways - see the list below. It can be printed on directly in a wide format printer, painted on, including hand painting, stenciling, stamping, silk screening, etc., embroidered, what have you. Dyeing is not recommended as this fabric is largely constructed from Polyester. That's why we are offering the colors. If you are looking for heavy duty, multi-purpose cloth, or blackout fabric, this is the stuff. The wider rolls are excellent for printed or painted backdrops. We were also really impressed by the great floor cloths that this makes.
- 70% Polyester / 30% Cotton
- 13-13.5 oz per square yard, 54 or 84" wide, heavy and somewhat stiff
- You can print directly on this with wide format printers - just feed it right in
- Suggested usage: for window coverings - like shades (Roller & Roman) or panels, floor cloths, wall hangings, panels in room dividers, signs and banners, drawer liners, tote bags, roll up game boards, heavy use table cloths, runners, place mats, backdrops, on stage where you don't want the back lighting to show through, and well, you get the idea.
- Benefits when used in windows: Light is eliminated, insulation, noise reduction, privacy, prevents sun from coming in and fading everything.
- Suggested mediums: Injet printer ink, fabric paints and inks, all types, transfer paints, transfer crayons and pencils, Shiva Paintstiks, fabric markers, acrylics,iron-on decals, embroidery, etc.
- A heavy weight tightly woven 3 layered fabric that does not fray when cut, is reversible, can be sewn or hole punched and folded, accepts fabric glue and tape.
- Made in U.S.A.
- Available in bolts only at this time, which we will special order for you.
MOST HELPFUL REVIEWS
I paint on Roc-lon with acrylics. Stretched on a frame like regular canvas or just taped flat to the wall it is a great surface for murals or anything you would put on a linen or duck type of fabric. Cuts clean bright white for starting rolls well after it's got layers and layers of paint. Love it!
Was this review helpful?
4 of 4 users found this review helpful.
MOST RECENT REVIEWS