Georgette is a sheer crepe-like fabric named after Madame Georgette de la Plante. Bet you didn't know that! (neither did I. thank you Julie Parker's All About Silk, 1991). Georgette is much like chiffon with a more substantial hand, slightly stiff drape, and a somewhat flat (ie., not shiny) appearance. This particular Georgette is so special because it is made from 100% rayon and dyes gorgeously with Dharma's Fiber Reactive dyes! This rayon georgette is now a bit heavier and more textured than our previous batches.
- 100% Rayon, Bleached.
- You can dye this with Our Fiber Reactive Dyes
- 3.9 oz per square yard, 55" wide
- We found that this shrinks 11% in Length and 5% in Width disclaimer
- Available in cut yardage ( bulk discounts levels at 10+ yds.) and in 33 yard bolts
- Machine or hand wash in any temperature water - just always keep in mind that Rayon is fragile when wet, so always use gentlest agitation.
Remember, bolts vary! They can be over or under - we charge you for the actual yardage. If you need very specific yardage, order cut yardage.
There are a few things you should know about our fabrics...
Please note that this fabric has a rougher texture than our previous batches.
MOST HELPFUL REVIEWS
Love this georgette--we've used it to make some beautiful swingy vests and it dyes gorgeously and is somewhat "pebbly" once washed. It will wrinkle quite easily but hey that's fashion!
Was this review helpful?
1 of 1 users found this review helpful.
MOST RECENT REVIEWS