This fabric is also known as Silk Noil. It's a nubby fabric in a natural off-white color. The fabric has random tan flecks throughout the weave. It has a somewhat rough texture but it has a soft gentle drape. Silk Noil dyes well but is not well suited for gutta techniques since it's quite heavy and gutta usually does not penetrate heavier textured fabrics well. You could option to apply gutta to both sides of the fabric for silk painting projects.
Great for making modern garments, historical reenactment costumes, Star Wars Tatooine resident's clothing and home decor. Check house rules at Tatooine Cantina for appropriate galactic usage. Not recommended for Star Destroyer officers clothing or Grand Moff uniforms. May the force be with you.
Also available in BLACK
- 100 % raw silk
- 35mm, comes in 45" and 55" wide, 4.23 oz per sq. yard for the 45" and 4.36 oz per sq. yard for the the 55"
- You can dye this with Acid Reactive Dyes
- Suggested uses; garments, dresses, skirts, jackets, pants, heavier shirts, historical re-enactment clothing, Renaissance faire clothing, Star Wars costumes (go for it!), home decor, and curtains.
- We found that this shrinks 11% in Length and 5% in Width disclaimer
- Available in cut yardage (bulk discounts levels at 10+ yds.), 52 yards bolts
- Machine wash in any temperature water
Remember, bolts vary! They can be over or under - we charge you for the actual yardage. If you need very specific yardage, order cut yardage.
There are a few things you should know about our fabrics...
Made in: CHINA (CN)