1. Thoroughly wet and wring out velvet scarf and bag.
2. Slowly fold scarf into container, letting it fall as it may. Do the same with the bag.
3. In a 16 oz. cup measure out 2 teaspoons of #30A, add a small amount of water to make a paste, then add about 10 oz. of water. In another cup measure about 1 teaspoon #19A, add water to make a paste, then add about 6 oz. water.
4. Slowly pour the green dye over two thirds of the scarf and bag making sure to thoroughly soak the pieces. Slowly pour the lilac dye over the remaining one third of the pieces and gently push with gloved fingers to make sure the dye has penetrated the fiber. Let sit overnight.
5. Mix about 1/3 cup of Soda Ash fixer into about 12 oz. of hot water and stir to dissolve. Gently pour the mix into the container but not directly onto the velvet. Again push with gloved fingers to make sure fixer has penetrated the fiber. Let sit 1 hour.
6. Rinse both the scarf and bag in warm running water until water runs clear. Hand wash using about 1 teaspoon of Synthrapol in a basin of water. Pour about 2 tablespoons of Milsoft into a basin of warm water and soak pieces for about 15 minutes. Rinse again.
7. Gently wring out and hang onto a line or rod to air dry. Finger comb the fringes so they don't tangle. Let dry.
8. If you want the panne velvet look, iron the velvet on the non-pile side (as seen on website), if not, just use when dry.
You can combine cotton and rayon clothing & accessories to get the greatest discounts.
Your discount is figured on the total number of cotton and rayon items we ship, not how
many of each type, style or size. Mix and match them to get the best discount.
Example; adding 1 each of 12 different T-shirts in size Large should give you the 12+
price on all 12 shirts.
Example; adding 12 pieces of 4 different sizes of a garment should give you the 36+ price
on all 4 sizes.
Some products may be excluded from discounts, and / or may discount only with themselves.
If you have any questions at all please contact us toll free at 800-542-5227 (no buttons,