The technique of marbling involves creating a multi-colored pattern of paint that floats on the surface of a gel-like medium. Fabric or paper is then laid on the surface to pick up the floating paint and transfer the design. Jacquard Products has created a Class Pack that allows students to experience this exciting craft. This kit allows students to create elegant patterns on fabric or paper.
The kit comes with:
- 8 (2 oz.) bottles of Jacquard Marbling Colors
- 1 lb. of alum (for pre-treating the paper or fabric)
- 8 oz. of methocel (quick-wetting marbling medium)
- cotton fabric (2 yds. of 61" cotton sheeting)
- 10 droppers for applying paint
- easy-to-follow instructions.
You will need to supply:
- Newspaper strips, shallow pans/trays, a pail and water.
- Depending on the number of students, you may also want more fabric/paper and eyedroppers.
Recommended for up to 30 individuals, ages 8+