Some time ago we got interested in silk/wool blends. So we set about the task of sourcing them and found several. After narrowing down the selection to a lightweight and a heavyweight blend, we placed our orders for fabric and scarves. Well, something happened, which I cannot now recall, and we only received the heavyweight fabric and the lightweight scarves. Unfortunately, we had all kinds of problems with the heavyweight fabric, but the lightweight scarves were beautiful!
So finally, here it is: Lovely - the same fabric our silk/wool scarves are cut from . Lightweight and semi-sheer, this fabric is softer than wool, but warmer than silk!
• 63% silk / 37% wool blend fabric
• 12.5mm, which is about the weight of 12mm Crepe de Chine- 55" wide
• You can dye this with Acid Dyes
• Suggested usage; great for scarves, shawls, shirts..
• Has a diagonal weave
• Available in cut yardage (bulk discounts levels at 10+ yds.) and in 55 yard bolts
Remember, bolts vary! They can be over or under - we charge you for the actual yardage. If you need very specific yardage, order cut yardage.