Given the popularity of the Yudu Personal Screen Printing Machine, which uses emulsion sheets exclusively, we knew there was a need for less expensive emulsion sheets in greater quantities. So, we went out and tested a bunch of different types and settled on this one. The sheets are 38 microns thick, same as the Yudu Emulsion Sheets, and they are green (though the color of the emulsion is important only aesthetically). Exposure times for these sheets will vary depending on your exposure unit, but with the Yudu exposure system we found that 14 minutes is the sweet spot.
Important notes: These sheets do have a shelf life: approximately 6 months when stored in cool DARK place. Photo Emulsion reacts with light! Keep away from light sources until ready to use!
Directions for use:
- Wet your screen evenly, squeegee off excess water (emulsion dissolves in water, so do not over-wet during screen prep)
- Place dull side of emulsion sheet on the bottom of the screen (non-well side)
- Pass squeegee over emulsion several times to adhere to screen
- Check the back of emulsion sheet for dry spots and re-wet if necessary
- Squeegee off any excess water
- Allow screen + emulsion to dry completely
- When screen is dry, remove top plastic sheet from the emulsion
- Burn your image (exposure times will vary depending on exposure units; if using a YUDU, burn for 14 min)
- Gently wash out the burnt image immediately, it will have a very light green color (if all the emulsion washes off, it was not burned long enough; if the image is very hard to wash out, it was burned for too long)
- Make sure all the light green emulsion is washed out and not blocking any holes in the screen
- Let the screen dry completely before printing
Made in: UNITED STATES (USA)