The Premium Kona is a higher thread count than our super popular Kona Cotton and it has been combed. Super wide at 118"! Think of what you could do with that!? Our best selling fabric gets better!
A higher thread count does make a denser weave which means the dye has a harder time penetrating the fabric and can come out a lighter shade than the regular Kona. This fabric is 4.2 oz/sq.yd. and regular Kona is 4.4 oz.
- 100% cotton, bleached
- 4.2 oz per square yard, 118" wide
- Thread count is 130 threads per inch x 70 threads per inch
- You can dye this with our Fiber Reactive Dyes.
- Suggested uses:
- Great for costuming and making those wide petticoats that go over hooped skirts for historical re-enactors. Now you can delete a few seam joins from your pattern!
- Make your own sheets! Make your own tie-dye sheet sets! This fabric width would work for folks making sheet sets for twin and full size beds. The width will work for some Queen size beds if the mattress height isn't too extreme (over approx 12" in height).
- Home decor: Light curtains, curtain linings, quilt backings, and bed canopies.
- Painted or dyed backdrops for theater productions or photography studios.
- We found that this shrinks 6% in Length and 1% in Width disclaimer
- Available in cut yardage (bulk discounts levels at 10+ yds.) and in a 20 yard bolt
- Machine wash in any temperature water
Remember, bolts vary! They can be over or under - we charge you for the actual yardage. If you need very specific yardage, order cut yardage.
There are a few things you should know about our fabrics...
Made in: UNITED STATES (USA)