Lightweight crepe back silk Satin, or Charmeuse, is simply a slightly lighter weight version of our 19.5 momme charmeuse fabrics. Being the 'Rolls Royce' of silks, it has stunning sheen on one side (the shiniest of all silks!) and a slightly textured back. The drape is spectacular and it feels luxurious as it runs across your hand.
ALSO: Colored swatches vary from monitor to monitor and may not exactly match actual fabric. There may be slight variations in fabrics from dyelot to dyelot. This is normal. Samples are available. These fabrics are dyed with Acid Dyes, and should be washed in cold water or dry cleaned.
Discharging: Several folks have been asking if the new colors discharge. Since they are new, we haven't tested them yet, but we will be, with Discharge Paste and with DeColourant. But what we can immediately say on the subject, which any discharge artist should know, is that all colors are going to vary, from discharging to almost white, to nothing, and some will simply lighten, while others will change color. Your results will also depend on the discharging chemical you use. All of them are safe on silk EXCEPT BLEACH. So when results need to be a certain way, you MUST TEST! Discharging can often be unpredictable. We will publish a list of our results in a few weeks.
- 100% Crepe Back Silk Satin (Charmeuse)
- 12 mm, 45" wide
- You can dye the white ones with Acid Dyes, iDye or other dyes for silk, and you can also over-dye the colored ones, except for black.
- Suggested usage; Great for clothing layers, wedding gowns, pajamas and robes etc.
- We found that this shrinks 5% in Length and 4% in Width disclaimer
- Available in cut yardage and 50 yard bolts
- Machine wash white in any temperature water, dyed silks in cold water
Remember, bolts vary! They can be over or under - we charge you for the actual yardage. If you need very specific yardage, order cut yardage.
There are a few things you should know about our fabrics...
Made in: CHINA (CN)