We are completely open and honest with you about any health hazards related to the products we sell. We ourselves are not chemists so we pass on to you the information given to us by the manufacturers. We hide nothing intentionally. It doesn't matter to us which product you decide to use - we try to have them all so you can choose. Each person has their own opinion and their own standards as to what is "safe" - we think that's just fine, and we don't interfere. We will gladly and freely tell you everything we know about any product we sell and allow you to decide if you wish to use it or some other product. We've always been careful to provide you with good informational labels on all the products we package. We've avoided selling products we think are serious threats to your health and encourage our suppliers to do the same.
Now, to conform to federal laws, our new labels make everything sound like a deadly poison, even simple things like sawdust and seaweed. The law says you have to warn everyone about everything, regardless of how obvious, stupid or remote the possibility. Anyway, we are now labeled to the "max". Please don't hold it against us. You may find the same product from another supplier without any warning label at all. Same product, different label. California Proposition 65 requires that products sold in California which contain, in any amount, any chemical on what is called the "Prop 65 list" be labeled as follows: "Contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer." On that list are many chemicals including alcohol and cigarette smoke. Some products we sell bear that label because they contain alcohol. Some bear the warning because they contain traces of Formaldehyde. In general, follow these precautions:
- Wear an approved dust mask when handling powders so you don't inhale dye or chemical dust.
- If there is any chance of getting the dyes or chemicals in your eyes, wear protective goggles.
- Wear rubber gloves so that you don't wreck your skin or absorb stuff through your skin.
- Provide adequate ventilation if fumes are present. This means cross ventilation or an exhaust fan.
- Don't breathe fumes. Dust masks don't help with fumes.
- Don't use cooking or eating utensils.
- If you are going to store anything in the fridge, tape the container closed and label it clearly.
- Keep the dyes away from unsupervised little children. The colors look like food to them.
- Keep the dyes away from unsupervised children and pets. There is no telling what they will do.
- Pregnant women must be particularly alert. Discuss the use of dyes and chemicals with your doctor.
- If you experience an adverse reaction from using any product, stop using it at once.
- Use your common sense and pay attention to what you are doing. Don't work when you are tired.
- Our clothing is not treated with fire retardants and therefore is not suitable for use as sleepwear!