Make your own sparkling HotFix jewel or metal Transfer Motifs! Mylar Carrier sheets are great for holding the HotFix Crystal Jewels, also the Rhinestuds and Studs, in patterns so that you can heat set the whole design to your garment in one fell swoop with a steam press, heat press or iron. You can really think about the design and change it around if you want as you go, before you make it permanent. It also holds the stones in place when heat setting so they don't move around. 10" x 11" Sheets of heat resistant Mylar with a protected sticky side.
- Cut them to the desired size (allow about 1/2" border) and peel off the protective white backing. Lay the clear Mylar sheet over your image or drawing, sticky side up.
- Place Rhinestones, Nailheads, or Rhinestuds face down (glue side up) in your desired pattern (tweezers really help! see our Precision 6" Curved Tweezers)
- Flip your new transfer motif over onto your garment, fabric, etc. with the glue backs down, Mylar sheet up
- Use an Iron, Heat press or Steam Press (on dry heat) to melt the glue and permanently attach your design (if you are using an iron, use the Cotton setting, no steam).
- Place a pressing cloth over the Mylar Carrier Sheet and press for 15 seconds in each section there are embellishments. Keep in mind if your have more than one type of embellishment ( Crystals, Rhinestuds, Nailheads) the time required for heat setting my take longer.
- You can lift up the corner of the Mylar Carrier Sheet after it has cooled to see if the embellishments are properly set. If they lift up lay the Mylar Carrier Sheet back down, the pressing cloth and heat set some more.
- Let cool, then peel the Mylar off.
Made in: UNITED STATES (USA)
Sorry, these are discontinued.