This is an interior, semi-gloss Class B fire retardant latex varnish which is non-hazardous, non-toxic and non-carcinogenic. Use over wood, fiberboard, plasterboard or other decorative products. It can be used with Fire Retardant Wood Coating intumescent latex flame retardant coating for additional flame-retardant properties.
For business purposes, if you wish Certification for the State of California it requires that a California State Certified Applicator be the one to do the actual application of the product so that the job complies with requirements of the California State Fire Marshal.
Things to Know:
- Always be protected! Wear clothing, mask and gloves suitable for latex coatings.
- Shelf life is two years if containers are unopened.
- Once container is opened, chemical must be used completely.
- Once applied and dried, do not use harsh detergents on surface.
- You must not allow product to freeze. Store between 40°f and 80°f.
- Do not add water or change chemical composition in any way.
- Can be cleaned with soap and water.
Prepare and Apply:
Prepare substrate by sanding and removing any silicone or oil based coatings that may already be on wood.
The varnish will not adhere to a surface that has not been properly prepared.
Apply by brush, roller, or spray.
1 gallon covers 200 square feet.
Cover entire exposed area
California State Fire Marshal #C-100.03, Class B, ICBO #3656, Los Angeles Research Report #24303
Please Note: This particular fire retardant is made when the order is placed.
In most cases it will ship the day of the order but on rare occasion it may take longer. Please call us if you are facing a deadline.
Made in: UNITED STATES (USA)
Ships only via FedEx. If outside of the U.S. these must be shipped using either FedEx Priority or FedEx Economy.