Toddler 100% Satin Polyester Reversible Cape. Let your toddler's imagination run wild with the possibilities offered with this toddler cape! The satin polyester is smooth and shiny just like their favorite superhero's cape. It has a reversible design for endless possibilities and a velcro brand hook and loop fastener. Dye the one with the white side easily with Jacquard's iDye for Poly Fabrics or hand paint designs with any fabric paint using Jacquard AirFix to avoid shrinkage from heat setting. Also works with heat transfers and sublimation on the lighter colors. Foils, crystals, fun!
Double needle hem bottom for a clean, finished look and easier printing
Side seam construction for exceptional quality and durability
EasyTear label for additional comfort and ability to brand as your own
Machine washable/ tumble dry low
Made in: INDIA (IN)
One Size Center Back Length - 21" Length From Velcro Tab - 26" Width At Bottom - 17" Neck Circumference When Velcro'd - 14.5" Neck Area (Velcro Tab to Tab) - 16"
To help make the most of your investment, LAT Apparel has provided tips for printing on their 100% satin polyester capes.
During screen printing, dye migration can possibly occur, as the heat during drying could cause the polyester dyes to revert back to a “liquid” state. This might cause the ink to migrate from the cape to the screen print that is placed on the garment. Improve results by following the tips below:
- Use inks formulated for polyester printing offering high bleed resistance like a poly white or ultra white. In some cases an under base gray can be very effective.
- Use a 110 or lower mesh count.
- Flash between each print for 3 seconds to the recommended surface temperature. Check with ink manufacturer for specifics, but as a guide: Conventional inks - 220 degrees Fahrenheit; Low cure inks - 190 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Check with ink manufacturer for their recommended cure time and temperature. Cure no higher than 290 - 300 degrees Fahrenheit. If possible, use low-cure ink products to allow for lower temperature settings in the oven during the curing process. These products can cure as low as 270 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Oven dwell times may vary, but most ovens require a minimum of 45 seconds.
- Use transfers that are made for 100% Polyester garments and formulated for bleed resistance.
- Check with transfer manufacturer for their recommended cure time and temperature. Apply heat no higher than 330 degrees Fahrenheit for a maximum of 6 – 8 seconds with medium pressure.
- Screenprinting and Heat Transfers are recommended over DTG printing for our capes. However, if you would like to DTG our capes consider the following tips:
- Pretreat capes with a pretreatment designed for polyesters.
- Cure the pretreat at low pressure with a sheet paper between the cape and plate for 30 – 40 seconds at 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Insert a sheet inside the cape before printing to prevent dye migration to the back.
- Print two white passes at 50% resolution to create a quick dry surface.
- Print CMYK design on top of dried white ink.
- Allow shirts to air dry a minimum of two hours, but the longer the better.
- Curing can take place the following day if time permits.
- Utilizing a tunnel dryer is preferable to a heat press for curing as the heat press may reduce the quality of the design.
- White and light colors like pink and silver can be sublimated.
- Separate the front and back of the cape while printing either with paper or by only pressing one ply.
- Check with your sublimation equipment and ink manufacturers for their recommended temperature and times. Apply heat no higher than 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 seconds with medium pressure.