Super soft and smooth! Stretchy for comfort! 90% Cotton and 10% Spandex knit weave. The classic "must have" fabric! Exactly like our CLF but in black! Not too heavy. Great for all sportswear, dancewear & theater! Sew up a garment & then add our fabric metallic paints & our sparkling Hot-Fix crystals for your own custom exciting textile adornments. Also - we had fun discharging results!
SUCCESSFUL DISCHARGING RESULTS!:
Discharges with plain old household bleach to a lovely salmon color.
Discharges with Jacquard Screen Ink Discharge (#JSID) to an ivory color.
Discharges with Discharge Paste Color Remover (#DDP) to an ivory color.
COOL FIBER ETCH RESULTS!:
Removes all the cotton fibers and leaves behind the lightweight flesh toned spandex knit inside!
Be sparing about the amount of Fiber Etch you use so that you don't create small burnt out holes. However, the holes can be a really cool look for those wanting a punk or grunge look to their fabric. Very urban dramatic look with the black fabric!
As with all fabrics, best to test your discharging technique on a sample before embarking on your project because the fabric can vary from dyelot to dyelot.
- 90% cotton, 10% spandex, dyed black
- 6.3 oz per square yard, 11 oz per linear yd, approx 60" wide (Fabric widths can vary before washing)
- 4-way stretch
- Suggested uses; perfect for body hugging garments that need to stretch or drape, all clothing, leggings, pants, skaterÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s costumes, dancewear, yoga wear, theater costumes, fabric sculpture (fabric wrapped and pulled over infrastructure and then painted).
- We found that this shrinks 3% in Length and 2% in Width disclaimer
- You can discharge this with our Discharge Paste or Color Remover, also bleach if you are careful. Always test, because in spite of what we say above, dyelots can vary so much that your discharge end color can be extremely variable.
- Super soft smooth stretchy fabric
- Available in cut yardage (bulk discounts levels at 10+ yds. and 25+ yds.) and in 65 yard bolts
- Machine wash in any temperature water
Remember, bolts vary! They can be over or under - we charge you for the actual yardage. If you need very specific yardage, order cut yardage.
To view our Optically Whitened Cotton Spandex Fabric click here!
There are a few things you should know about our fabrics...
Made in: UNITED STATES (USA)