Here's a loosely handwoven fabric that compacts when washed and shrunk to produce a wonderful textured pattern. It's perfect for Renaissance Faire costuming and theater costuming. It's a lovely natural creme color and can be used "as is" effectively or it can be dyed beautifully to rich wonderful colors with our dyes. The natural fabric color will lend itself to more subtle color tones in dyeing - perfect for historical recreation colors. The fabric looks like a typical "homespun" in it's unwashed state. But as soon as you wash and dry it, it crinkles up into a loose, repeating chevron pattern that looks nubby. Great for stage work because the fabric looks "old fashioned". Inspired by many of our customer's requests for this type of fabrication. Would also make interesting drapes for home dÃ©cor! 100% cotton and woven in Bali.
- 100% cotton
- 3.9 oz per square yard, 55" wide
- Suggested usage; theater costuming for a rustic nubby fabrication, historical recreation jackets, shirts, pants, chemise, cloaks, nubby place mats, rustic window drapes etc.
- We found that this shrinks 17% in Length and 11% in Width disclaimer
- Loosely handwoven fabric
- Available in cut yardage (bulk discounts levels at 10+ yds.) and in 33 yard bolts
- Machine wash in any temperature water
- After washing and drying it, it compacts and crinkles up into a loose, repeating chevron pattern that looks nubby
Remember, bolts vary! They can be over or under - we charge you for the actual yardage. If you need very specific yardage, order cut yardage.
There are a few things you should know about our fabrics...
Made in: INDONESIA (ID)
Due approx. 4/20/2018