Similar to Chiffon but an even lighter weight. An extremely sheer and delicate fiber with a very soft hand and floaty drape. Dyes and paints easily with great color retention. Very popular backing for Nuno Felting. Good for felted scarves, layered over heavier fabrics, ethereal set decoration, Halloween effects and more.
Because of its delicate nature, silk gauzes should be handled more carefully. Not recommended for clothing or accessories.
- 100% Gauze Silk
- 3mm, 36" and 45" wide
- IMPORTANT - use Fire Retardant on lightweight fabrics such as this when using for drapery, public installations or any kind of decorations! Not recommended for wearables except as linings or when felted.
- You can dye the white gauze with Acid Dyes
- You can discharge the black version of this fabric. Keep in mind discharge results do vary, and sometimes fabric will hardly discharge at all, so testing is very important. If one product won't work, sometimes another will.Discharge Instructions
- We found that this shrinks 14% in Length and 8% in Width disclaimer
- Available in cut yardage and in 56 yard bolts in the 55", 53 yard bolts in the 45" (both black and white) and 55 yard bolts in the 36"
- Wash in any temperature water - while silk gauze can be machine washed, you will get maximum shrink that way. Because of the delicacy of a thin gauze like this, hand washing is probably preferable.
Remember, bolts vary! They can be over or under - we charge you for the actual yardage. If you need very specific yardage, order cut yardage.
There are a few things you should know about our fabrics...
Please note that the current stock of SG45 is running 40-42".
Made in: CHINA (CN)