Some like it a bit heavier and stronger than the 3mm Gauze. Still sheer. Still beautiful!
Similar to Chiffon but an even lighter weight. A very sheer and delicate fiber with a very soft hand and floaty drape. Dyes and paints easily with great color retention. Some prefer this stronger backing for Nuno Felting (over the 3mm). Good for felted scarves, layered over heavier fabrics, ethereal set decoration, Halloween effects and more.
Because of its delicate nature, silk gauzes should be handled more carefully.
- 100% Gauze Silk
- 4.5mm, 45" wide
- IMPORTANT - use Fire Retardant on lightweight fabrics such as this when using for drapery, public installations or any kind of decorations! Not recommended for wearables except as linings or when felted.
- You can dye this with Acid Dyes
- We found that this shrinks 11% in Length and 7% in Width disclaimer
- Available in cut yardage and in 48 yard bolts
- Wash in any temperature water - because of the delicate nature of gauzes, and because machines cause maximum shrink, we recommend hand washing and drying if possible.
Remember, bolts vary! They can be over or under - we charge you for the actual yardage. If you need very specific yardage, order cut yardage.
There are a few things you should know about our fabrics...
Made in: CHINA (CN)