Silk Knit fabric is one of the most luxurious types of silk fabric. It has a drape like no other and has a super soft hand that will send chills down your spine! Light as a feather, strong as steel, with superior insulating and moisture wicking properties. Soft ivory color "dyeing" to be colored with your choice of acid or natural dyes. Take advantage of the tubular construction to make seamless infinity scarves!
This silk knit is the same fabric our silk knit underwear garments (fairly sheer) are made from. It is 100% silk, approximately 100 grams per square meter, and comes in a 22" wide tube. This fabric comes in a bag instead of a bolt.
- 100% Silk Jersey
- 2-way stretch
- 3 oz. per sq yd. - slightly sheer (see picture above with black behind the fabric)
- 100g/m2, 22" wide tube (44" wide)
- Suggested usage: scarves, under garments or layering garments, etc.
- Can be difficult to work with as edges will begin to unravel when cut, curl when lying still - in other words, behaves like a knit!
- We found that this shrinks 6% in Length and 7% in Width disclaimer
- Available in cut yardage and in approximately 35 yard bags
- Machine wash in any temperature water
Remember, bolts vary! They can be over or under - we charge you for the actual yardage. If you need very specific yardage, order cut yardage.
There are a few things you should know about our fabrics...
Made in: CHINA (CN)