Using opaque and metallic fabric paints like Lumiere, Neopaque and Setacolor Opaque or Shimmer, you can print leaf, tree or plant forms onto black silk habotai scarves or other fabrics or clothing and make a beautiful standout piece. It is very simple to do and it makes a beautiful gift or keepsake.
- 1. Black Silk Scarf (any size, Habotai H811B or Crepe de Chine CDC11B)
- 2. Setacolor Opaque Colors (SETOP45 in 15, 56, 13, 64
- 3. Leaves, branches, needles- flat ones. Best are the ones with the most ribs or veins or interesting shapes. Fresh is best or get too curled or brittle.
- 4. 1" Foam brushes, one for each color used (FOAM 1)
- 5. Plastic sheets - handy for slightly combing colors of paint together for a multicolor effect. Also for laying leaves on while you apply color.