by Sue Stover
- Jacquard Textile Color Black
- Lampshade (fabric or paper)
- Paintbrushes (¼ inch flat
and ¼ inch round)
- Beaded fringe
- Hot glue gun
- Pencil or auto fade pen
1. Lightly sketch your design onto your lampshade. If you are using a paper lampshade, it is possible to lightly pencil in your design and erase any mistakes. If you are using a fabric lampshade you can use an auto fade pen to lay out your design.
2. Paint your design onto the lampshade with Jacquard Textile Color Black.
3. Let paint dry completely. It is not necessary to heatset or fix the paint for this project.
4. To add a beaded fringe to bottom of the lampshade, use a hot glue gun. Lay down a line of hot glue on the inside of the lampshade that is a few inches long. Then lay the ribbon of the beaded fringe into the hot glue. Don't put down too long of a length of hot glue at a time because it will cool and harden before you can attach the beads. Continue working around the lampshade until you have the entire fringe attached.