This fabric is also known as Silk Noil. It's less nubby then our Raw Silk and is a natural off-white color. It has a smoother surface, but not as smooth as a sheeting. Silk Noil dyes well but is not well suited for gutta techniques since it's quite heavy and gutta usually does not penetrate heavier textured fabrics well. You could option to apply gutta to both sides of the fabric for silk painting projects.
Click here to check out our regular raw silk and here for a lightweight regular raw silk
- 100 % raw silk
- 31.5mm, 45" 4.2 oz per sq. yard
- You can dye this with Acid Reactive Dyes
- Suggested uses; garments, dresses, skirts, lightweight shirts, historical re-enactment clothing, Renaissance faire clothing, Star Wars costumes (go for it!), home decor, and curtains.
- We found that this shrinks 6% in Length and 1% in Width disclaimer
- Available in cut yardage (bulk discounts levels at 10+ yds.), 51 yards bolts
- Hand washing is recommended
Remember, bolts vary! They can be over or under - we charge you for the actual yardage. If you need very specific yardage, order cut yardage.
There are a few things you should know about our fabrics...
Made in: CHINA (CN)