DecoArt SoSoft Fabric Paints are super soft opaque fabric paints that give excellent coverage on dark fabrics and are actually washable without heat-setting. They are non-toxic and come in small bottles so great for kids or classrooms. In our tests, they were softer than our other opaque & metallic fabric paints, worked fine on black fabric, and do not require the addition of a fabric medium or heat setting. SoSoft Fabric Paints are permanent and can be brushed, stamped, sponged, or stenciled on. Washable after 48 hours. Work nicely on silk where you need a less liquid paint that stays put for precise design without using resists, or if you want to add some metallic or colored accents without being too heavy on the silk.
DecoArt SoSoft Metallic Fabric Paints are soft metallic fabric paints with fine brilliant metal particles that stay soft and pliable with repeated washings.
SoSoft Shimmering Pearlescent Fabric Paints are acrylic fabric paints with the soft iridescence of pearls and just a touch of glitter.
SoSoft Fine Glitters Paints are soft, acrylic fabric paints with very brilliant glitter specifically designed to be used on fabrics. They are ideal for adding sparkle and glamour to fabric accessories from shoes to purses or for home decor accents and accessories like lampshades and bed linens.SoSoft Fine Glitters are easy to apply with no heat setting, fabric medium, or special brushes needed.
- Clothing & accessories
- Sneakers/canvas shoes
- Fabric purses and totes
Features and Advantages:
- Excellent coverage
- Need no heat setting or medium
- Need no special brushes
- Colors dry soft and permanent
- Bond to most fabrics, even silks
- Soap and water clean-up
Additional Decorating Ideas/Applications:
- Thin SoSoft Fabric Acrylics with water or transparent medium for translucent paint.
- For silk painting: Wash and dry fabric. Lay a paper towel under the layer of silk to be painted. Apply SoSoft Fabric Acrylic as desired. Moisten the brush with water for detail and line work. No resist medium is necessary so this is fun and easy for kids. Remove paper towel and allow 24 hours for paint to cure.
- For watercolor technique: Use a spritzer bottle filled with cool water to dampen an area slightly larger than your painting area. Apply SoSoft Fabric Acrylic using a soft bristle brush. Apply additional water at edge of color using the same brush, brushing across the fabric where the color meets the clear water area. Paint will continue to "bleed" until dry. Allow fabric to lie flat until dry. If you want the paint to stop bleeding earlier, use a hair dryer around the edges.
- Prewash and dry fabric without using softeners.
- Do not use bleach or detergent with special additives such as whitener or lemon scents.
- Use a wet-on-wet technique for best results.
- It is not necessary to scrub SoSoft Fabric Acrylics into fabric fibers.
- Paint lies on top of the fabric for a few minutes to allow adequate blending time.
- Lightly mist SoSoft Fabric Acrylic on the palette to keep it wet, using a spritzer bottle filled with cool water.
- Do not use SoSoft Fabric Acrylics with regular acrylic paint on fabric. Regular acrylics require fabric medium and heat setting.
- Wrap cardboard with plastic, plastic wrap, freezer paper, or foil to prevent painted fabric from sticking to cardboard. Remove fabric before completely dry in order to avoid sticking to cardboard. Especially for kids, adhering the fabric to freezer paper makes an easy surface to paint. Place paper shiny side up. Press fabric onto it with an iron until freezer paper adheres. Once design is complete, simple peel off the paper.
- Do not dry clean.