Imagine how beautiful your next ribbon project would look if you hand painted the silk ribbon yourself! It is so easy and fun and fast to do! Have ribbon on hand for your ribbon embroidery, ribbon knitting, ribbon for lavender wands, and holiday gift wrapping! (Your creative friends will LOVE the ribbon as a gift by itself).
1. Using any size of the silk ribbon, either cut or woven, remove white ribbon from cardboard holder and wet silk with
water. You can just put it under the faucet, wet it, then squeeze out excess water.
2. Place wet ribbon into a plastic container (one in picture is about 8" in diameter) and spread it out randomly over bottom.
3. Prepare your paints by mixing at least 1 part paint to 2 parts
water. Set them out next to your containered silk ribbon along with
1" foam brushes, one for each color.
4. Starting with color #1 just sponge on one side of amassed wet
ribbon. Continue to line up colors until all 4 colors are painted
onto the ribbon.
5. Place container outside into the sun until dry.
6. Gently turn ribbon over and repaint same colors on underside of
ribbon. Place back into sun and let dry.
7. Place dried painted ribbon on ironing board and starting with one
end of the ribbon skein, iron the ribbon by continuously sliding the
ribbon under the iron, being careful not to scorch ironing board
cover (pick up iron periodically).
8. Wrap ironed ribbon around a piece of cardboard for storing until used.
9. Now you're ready to use your own hand-painted silk ribbon!