When they say "China Silk" this is what they mean. Light weight and semi-sheer with a lovely moderate sheen. It also happens to be very economical so it is great for students and class projects. Everyone likes this stuff; you will too. The 8mm is the one most often seen, and of which our Habotai scarves are made. We also carry heavier weights (10mm-16mm) for when you need more substance, and a lighter more sheer weight (5mm).
• 100% Habotai Silk
• 8mm, 36", 45", or 55" wide
• You can dye this with Acid Dyes
• We found that this shrinks 10% in Length and 2% in Width disclaimer
• Suggested usage; scarves, pillows, linings for jackets, banners, etc.
• Available in cut yardage and 55 yard bolts (HS855 runs about 45 yards long)
• Machine wash in any temperature water
Remember, bolts vary! They can be over or under - we charge you for the actual yardage. If you need very specific yardage, order cut yardage.