These new fabrics are made entirely from pineapple plant fiber. They are a natural off-white color, and have stripes of shiny fiber across the width. As they are made from natural plant fiber (cellulose) they dye easily with Fiber Reactive Dyes, iDye, Natural Dyes, and surely any other dye that will work on cottons, rayon or hemp.
Pineapple Fiber Fabrics, who would have thought? Seems they can make fabric from just about anything these days.
• Width is about 45”
• Weight/square yard = PF2 is approximately 2.00oz and the PF3 is approximately 2.5oz
• Thread count is approximately 90 x 86
• You can dye this with our Fiber Reactive Dyes, iDye, Natural Dyes
• Suggested usage; Light weight jackets, shirts, pants, home decor
• Important: frays easily - take the time to run a quick stitch or hem all the way around before washing, and reinforce your seams!
• We found that the PF2 shrinks 22% in Length and 4% in Width and the PF3 shrinks 17% in Length and 1% in Width disclaimer
Remember, bolts vary! They can be over or under - we charge you for the actual yardage. If you need very specific yardage, order cut yardage.